15 January 2018

is UPSC JUST MATTER OF LUCK?CAN SOME BEAT IT BY HARD WORK WITHOUT LUCK??????

is UPSC JUST MATTER OF LUCK?CAN SOME BEAT IT BY HARD WORK WITHOUT LUCK??????
READ SOME THOUGHT SHARED BY FAILED ASPIRANTS ON FORUMIAS
ABSOLUTELY TRUE...........................
This game is more luck than one can ever imagine. People who clear it in their first attempt usually talk about their 'strategy' 'unconventional approach' 'unique method of studying' and what not. Bullshit I call it.
This is just Russian roulette.There is no pattern,no strategy, nothing. Hard work- yes. But not everyone who works hard is rewarded equally. Only those who are sufficiently lucky will get their hard work rewarded.
Yes I sound like the fox who said the grapes are sour. Because right now, i am that creature. Didn't the fox work hard though? Didn't it jump many times? But was it rewarded? NO!
And to the coaching people- please don't start over with your 'right guidance' with the right people speech. I was a student of MGP, followed almost every test with my mentors, worked upon the feedback- diagram, heading, underline etc, made diligent notes, did multiple revisions, kept a positive attitude, didn't waste my time with extra material or any vices, didn't hang out with people/friends who could waste my time, prayed daily, had good food as far as possible in Delhi. Put in even more hard work for optional since I had low marks in that in my first attempt.. Outcome- zilch. nada.
I only wish somebody could tell me with full certainty that all my effort would be rewarded.....
.......................................
The only truth about this exam is that there is no certainty, no guarantee, no method. Doing everything well, doing everything required and doing everything recommended still does not guarantee results.
The worse part is that 95% of those who make the cut start glorifying their methods, strategies, hardwork, focus, dedication, self belief and their brilliance. I agree it's just a bunch of junk - all this talk. Because for all that they did, there were probably 4 more people who did the same with the same dedication and hardwork and probably even more, but they lost out on luck. 90% hardwork and 10% luck? But it's a weighted average where it comes down to 50% hardwork+strategy etc and 50% luck.
I have spent 5 years (and counting) in the addiction of this exam and I know that nothing, absolutely nothing can take away this pain, this hurt. No words can help. I can't find an appropriate metaphor but it's probably like a bullet stuck inside ones chest. Can't take it out, can't live with the pain.
But I know one thing. I know it. I don't know if I believe in it or not, because when the time comes, I'm unable to practice this thought immediately to my own life. God/super power is not blind. This amount of hardwork, focus and dedication CANNOT go waste. One never knows where life might give happiness. And where this accumulated karma will shine. But it will. Mark these words. It will.
Mrunal today might be getting a ton more blessings and heartfelt wishes than an IAS officer. I don't know him. I don't know whether he's a happy person or not. But I know some rankers. With the best of cadres, and otherwise too, abundantly blessed materialistically in life - what all one aspires for. But they are not happy. I know that. I know them personally well enough to know this. I am still wearing glasses tinted with the colour of this exam. I am not able to let go. But once I will, I know I'll be able to choose which life is more rewarding and content. A life which has the elusive happiness.
But till the time one is in the pursuit, I personally believe the only goal one can strive for is understanding the true meaning of nishkaam karma. If God indeed said this shloka He meant - you have the right to work hard but not the right over the results thereof. And neither are you the reason for your success and nor should you become attached to inaction.
We're all in the same boat, to be honest. Take your time. Don't listen to any nonsense on how to write the exam. Listen to your heart. And believe that all will be well. That's how the cycle of life and karma completes itself. You can't see the dawn right now but it doesn't mean there won't be a sunrise. Have faith that something awesome will come out of all this hardwork

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this valuable information.Here in this article, I am going to share with you the 2022 Yamaha YZ85 Motorcycle Complete guide Visit here : Yamaha YZ85 Top speed

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

UKPCS2012 FINAL RESULT SAMVEG IAS DEHRADUN

    Heartfelt congratulations to all my dear student .this was outstanding performance .this was possible due to ...